Get Your Jam On Game Jam
Hey guys! We’re excited to host our first ever MacEwan game jam, “Get Your Jam On” this weekend! This jam is limited to students and recent graduates as a great way for us to blow off steam and kick off Reading Week! (Plus, game jams are great for growing your professional network, gaining some valuable experience, and giving you a brand new portfolio piece!) Whether you’re a veteran jammer or if this is your first jam, here are some important things for you to know:
- Make sure to download, install, and update all of your tools and software beforehand! You really don’t want to be competing with other people for bandwidth on MacEwan’s internet.
- Pace yourself, and remember to take breaks! Burn out is hard to recover from, especially in a 48 hour event.
- Don’t be afraid to ask others for help, even if they’re not on your team!
- Bring snacks. Although there will be food provided, you’ll still need to fuel up in between meals. Plus, it’s a great way to boost your team!
- Treat everyone with respect, and respect the space. Failure to comply with this rule will result in immediate expulsion from the venue, and you may come back on Monday to pick up your stuff.
- Unfortunately, due to the constraints of the venue space, the building will be locked from 8 PM on Saturday until 8 AM on Sunday. You will not be allowed to leave or enter during this time. We apologize for the inconvenience.
- Good luck, and have fun!
Remember to sign up on both Eventbrite and on itch.io! The $15 fee will cover dinner on the Friday and Saturday and lunch on the Sunday, and you can pay right away over Eventbrite or at the door on the Friday in cash.